My First Story

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My First Story

Post by Philo B. on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:04 am

Hey Guys (and Gals?),

Just touching base about the story I said I'd be submitting.  I'm still working on it, and it looks like it will be another couple of weeks before the first installment is ready.  Some time ago, I had asked another writer at Literotica if I could pen a sequel to one of his stories.  He recently got back to me, so it was necessary for me to compose a draft for him to look at while he has the time.

The aforementioned story is not in the netorare genre, but the one I'll be submitting for this community most certainly will be.  My inspiration for this edgier narrative comes from a group I've deemed "The Big Three" of netorare-mom authors:  Mathew Elizabeth ("Mommy's Love Denied"), Cuckson ("Conflicted"), and the missing-in-action Something1234 ("Soccer Mom and a Bully").  These are all magnificent stories that I consider to be the gold standard of NTR fiction.

Last edited by Philo B. on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My First Story

Post by hop664 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:06 pm

Two of these are my favorites in the genre, looking forward to seeing what you create.

hop664

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Devetak on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:25 pm

Me too, looking forward to see your work.

Devetak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanNirmal on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Wonderful news! I can't wait!

DanNirmal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayal on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:32 pm

Your posts are always a delight to read, can't wait to read a story penned by you.
Betrayal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Philo B. on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys.  It motivates me to create something you won't soon forget Wink  I'll keep you all posted with updates.
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ucnt on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:57 pm

I am also looking forward to reading your story. Based on your posts that I've read here, you seem to have talent for writing.

ucnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zohan on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Looking forward to your story.

May all the creative muses play on your imagination.

Hoping to read some fine new tropes in the transformation of the mother.
Zohan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Philo B. on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Zohan wrote:Looking forward to your story.

May all the creative muses play on your imagination.

Hoping to read some fine new tropes in the transformation of the mother.

Much obliged, Zohan!  I appreciate the words of encouragement.  I will try to avoid a cheap imitation of one of the "Big Three" (M. Elizabeth, Cuckson, Something1234) yet still deliver the same level of impact and engagement for the reader.  It's a very high bar, I realize, but I'll do my best.  

I have come up with something a bit different to account for the mother's metamorphosis.  Hopefully, it will fly.  I'm making good progress on the story, but pacing is my biggest challenge.  I don't want to go too slowly and bore people, but I also don't want to speed things along so quickly that it hurts the believably of the plot.  Oh, well.  No one ever said that creative writing was easy!
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Philo B. on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:04 pm

ucnt wrote:I am also looking forward to reading your story. Based on your posts that I've read here, you seem to have talent for writing.

Thanks, ucnt.  I hope I prove myself worthy of that kind endorsement.
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayal on Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Is it going to be from multiple POVs like Mommy's love denied or a regular narrative? Also like I said in another thread if you post it on "Literotica" don't worry about the comments there. They're just blatantly anti mom netorare regardless of how well written the story actually is.
Betrayal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Philo B. on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:29 pm

Betrayal wrote:Is it going to be from multiple POVs like Mommy's love denied or a regular narrative? Also like I said in another thread if you post it on "Literotica" don't worry about the comments there. They're just blatantly anti mom netorare regardless of how well written the story actually is.

It's going to be a bit of both.  The story is primarily told in the third person, but I do have the characters express their inner thoughts by rendering them in italics.  

Thanks for the reminder about the negative comments, which I think I'm ready for.  It's clear that the people behind such vitriol have been strongly triggered and are wrapped up in their own confused and frightened emotions.  I'll try to be more thick-skinned than our new president.
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Philo B. on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Quick update, guys. I have finished Part 1 of my story; it amounts to just over 6,100 words. Now I'm proofreading it for spelling errors and awkward syntax. It will be sent to Literotica sometime tomorrow (Friday, Feb. 10). Concurrently, I will post the first two chapters here. Promise!
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My First Story (Brief Delay)

Post by Philo B. on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 pm

Guys, I'm really sorry, but it's going to be another day or two before I can submit the story.  (I know I said 'promise.')  The editing required is far more involved that I had anticipated.  It's midnight here, and I'm still working on it.

Also, I just learned that once you submit your story to Literotica, you can't go back and edit it in any way!  So, I want to be sure that the finished product is something I'm comfortable showing to possibly thousands of people.  

I'm concerned that the tease of the story is too slow.  In the first installment, there isn't any actual sex, aside from the son pleasuring himself over a lewd photo of his mother from her college days.  The bully is introduced, but he hasn't yet met the mom.  I've just put them on a collision course that I hope will keep people interested until I can get to the sex between them.  Anyway, please do share your views with me after reading.

For those of you who do write stories, my hat is off to you.  It's much tougher than it seems!
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Devetak on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:10 am

Whenever I've tried to write I end up losing myself in the introduction and the result is pages of pages before there's sexual contact, it's annoying as fuck.

Figure next time I'll try starting in the middle of it.

Devetak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by forever316 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 am

Philo B. wrote:Guys, I'm really sorry, but it's going to be another day or two before I can submit the story.  (I know I said 'promise.')  The editing required is far more involved that I had anticipated.  It's midnight here, and I'm still working on it.

Also, I just learned that once you submit your story to Literotica, you can't go back and edit it in any way!  So, I want to be sure that the finished product is something I'm comfortable showing to possibly thousands of people.  

I'm concerned that the tease of the story is too slow.  In the first installment, there isn't any actual sex, aside from the son pleasuring himself over a lewd photo of his mother from her college days.  The bully is introduced, but he hasn't yet met the mom.  I've just put them on a collision course that I hope will keep people interested until I can get to the sex between them.  Anyway, please do share your views with me after reading.

For those of you who do write stories, my hat is off to you.  It's much tougher than it seems!

Sometimes slow is good, especially if you plan on it being a longer series. Take your time and don't rush it. Based on your comments on this forum, you and I have similar tastes especially in this genre. I'm looking forward to your work.

forever316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BullyBobby on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:58 am

This is just me personally, but I always find that a short intro makes for a super boring story because there's little context for the sexual content. Now if you don't like a great deal of what you've written, that's one thing - but if you feel most of it is important to setting up things to come, I would suggest keeping it. If you're to put a disclaimer at the top stating that there's little sexual content in the first chapter, that can prepare people for what to expect. In a few months, it won't really matter anyway since there will be several chapters posted.

Good writing is good writing, end of story. If you're confident in what you've written down up to this point, it will keep the reader engaged and excited for the next installment. Obviously you're going to get hate no matter what, just have to prepare yourself for that aspect, especially since we're talking about Literotica. Nonetheless, I'm sure it'll be fine. Though should you be worried, you're more than welcome to post your story on the forum at any time.

BullyBobby
Admin

View user profile http://bullyrebuild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayal on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:46 pm

I can only echo the sentiment already shown here, take your time. Quality over quantity. IMO there really hasn't been a story that's moved me like MLD recently so I'm very happy to hear that your story will be similar. In the meantime why not just discuss with us the general direction you're taking with it, perhaps a brief synopsis or introduction of the main characters? Unless of course you feel that will ruin/spoil things.
Betrayal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Philo B. on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:46 am

Hey, guys.  Thanks a lot for your input, which I found very helpful.  I decided to split the difference between a long set-up and a quick jump to the sex.  It involved my trimming about 1,000 words, but I feel that it's weight my story needed to lose.  

I've submitted the story to Literotica.  My fingers are crossed that it will pass muster with them.  In the meantime, I will post the first two chapters on this site in a separate message.  Please give them a read and share with me your honest opinions.  Since I'm a novice writer, I have absolutely no ego riding on this.  

When the story has been published, I'll check in here and let everyone know.  By the way, my Literotica handle for NTR is "DizzyDean" (without the quotation marks).  The title of the story is Anyone But Mom!, which I've classified in the 'Fetish' category.
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Anyone But Mom!" by Philo B. (aka DizzyDean)

Post by Philo B. on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:59 am

WARNING:  This story is in the netorare (NTR) genre involving a mother and her son.  If you’re looking for a beautiful romance, you won’t find it here.  If you want to see justice served, it won’t happen here.  What you will find is an exploration of the kinks associated with manipulation, rejection, and abandonment, all of which a great many people have endured in their lives.  It’s not uncommon for a victim’s psyche to sexualize such experiences to preserve the equanimity of his or her mind.  Here I provide a safe, imaginary vessel for looking behind the curtain of the so-called “Dark Fetishes.”  It’s highly likely that this story will trigger you, so don’t read it if you think this isn’t the right time for such exploration.

However, if you do forge ahead and read “Anyone But Mom!” please bear in mind that all characters are fictional.  If you find yourself seething with rage at the story’s antagonist, kindly remind yourself that he is a phantom of my imagination.  I have known some narcissists in my life, but his character is an intentionally extreme case that I made up.  

Feedback would be appreciated, though I’d prefer not to hear from triggered people who disregarded my warning.  Literotica has a wealth of stories that cater to a huge variety of fetishes.  If you don’t like what you’re reading here, just stop and move on to greener pastures.  No one is forcing you to keep reading something that disturbs you.

For the record, I find human psychology fascinating, including my own, and I’m just one of those people who has a powerful compulsion to see, in a safe setting, how deep the rabbit hole goes.  If anyone here actually does have a Hendrick Colburn in their lives, I suggest you put a great deal of distance between you and that person.  I resoundingly condemn the conduct of such evil individuals and would never countenance their ill treatment of anyone I loved.

It bears mentioning that this first installment will not feature any sex, though there is a section involving some intense masturbation.  It’s not my style to leap into the sex, especially with NTR themes.  I want you to first get to know the characters – their personalities, their preferences, their private thoughts, and their strengths and weaknesses.  When fornication does ultimately take place, I think the build-up will prove worth the wait.  

Of course, all characters in this story are over 18.  If you’re still reading, into the breach we go….

Chapter 1

Twenty-two-year-old Hendrick Colburn was strikingly handsome, intelligent, and gifted with unequalled social skills that always put him at the center of any group he joined.   Hendrick Colburn was a winner – he played to win all the time, and he would not tolerate losing to anyone.  This gentleman was also a sociopath of a magnitude seldom seen in modern psychology.  His powers to dupe and manipulate were awesome in their practice.

In the strict parlance of the trade, Hendrick was a ‘Greater Narcissist.’  If he ever trained his predatory eye on someone, he would pick them apart psychologically and completely own them.  If he so wished, he would destroy a person (usually a woman) by imploding her sense of self and belief in her ability to do anything on her own.  What Hendrick did to women was wholesale conquest of their intellect, their emotions, and their bodies.  The term “gaslighting” seems to have been coined with this creature in mind.  

[Author’s note: ‘Gaslighting’ is psychologically manipulating someone with such thoroughness that they question their powers of reason and, in extreme cases, their sanity.  It was derived from the 1944 movie, “Gaslight,” with Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer.  Hendrick is based upon Boyer’s character in the film, whose goal was to drive his new wife insane].  

On a rainy Monday night in Cincinnati, Ohio, Hendrick was in his upscale apartment in Hyde Park, leering at the Facebook page of Bronwyn Amherst (née van Gelderskamp).  He had only recently learned her name; she was to mentor him in his capacity as intern at the white-bread firm of Danbury, Masters, and McPherson - attorneys at law.  The young sociopath’s driving intention was to get to know her much, much better.  The wheels had already begun to turn in the direction of that malevolent goal.  

At 39, the beautiful Ms. Amherst was a full 17 years older than Hendrick.  However, Father Time had been good to her, leaving her with a girl-next-door face that had all kinds of whorish potential.  Bronwyn’s love of swimming had kept her figure lithe yet shapely; she boasted less body fat than women half her age.  Also, like Hendrick, she was intelligent and possessed impressive social skills.  Her smile could force a nasty crack to appear in the armor of the most resolute of men.

Always a high achiever, Bronwyn had graduated college magna cum laude and then went on to law school at Ohio State, where she distinguished herself as one of their most accomplished students.   Growing up on “Perry Mason” re-runs, Bronwyn believed the law was made to work for the people.  Accordingly, she planned to be an attorney who exalted the image of the honest country lawyer in lieu of the villainous ambulance chaser.

Hendrick sneered at the woman looking back at him from the computer screen.  He had done his homework on her and was aware of her many attributes.  They annoyed him far more than they impressed him.  ‘No one is that perfect,’ he mused, and his mission was to prove that in the most public and humiliating ways possible, all the while keeping his hands squeaky clean.  As he considered his strategy, his long, thick cock began to fill with blood.  In the photo before him, Bronwyn’s demure smile made him aware of the dizzying height from which she was to tumble in every aspect of her life, but especially with her naïve 19-year-old son.

Alfred “Alfie” Amherst had attended the same prep school as Hendrick Colburn for one agonizing year, during which he was bullied to the limits of his sanity.  There was even one trip to the hospital for Alfie, courtesy of Hendrick, who was never identified as the culprit.  ‘Two for the price of one,’ Hendrick mumbled to himself in his masculine baritone, staring a hole through a picture of Bronwyn with her arm around her skinny son.  His cock had reached full staff - 9 inches of steely hardness as he contemplated his strategy to bring them both down.

Chapter 2

“Sweetie, are you here?  I’ve brought home our favorite take-out,” Bronwyn cheerily called out to her son as she walked through their front door and hung up her coat.  

Upon hearing his mother’s sing-song voice, young Alfie’s ears pricked up like a puppy dog’s.  He had been lying on his bed reading anime, willfully lost in the world of erotic fantasy.  With his mother’s homecoming, that was quickly pushed aside for something closer to reality.  He had been nursing a 6-year-old crush on his mother that had begun with two life-changing events - his father’s death when Alfie was 13, and his entry into puberty.

“Hi, mom!” Alfie sang out as he bounded down the stairs.  “You went by Bangkok Palace?”

“I did indeed, honey,” Mrs. Amherst replied as she hugged her loving son and kissed him on the forehead.  Alfie could never get enough of his mother’s hugs.  Her firm, teardrop breasts with their protruding nipples always sent a jolt of pleasure through his body when they ground against his sunken, unmanly chest.  Unable to conceal his delight, he shivered in his mother’s arms.

“Something wrong, Alfie dear?” Bronwyn asked as she pulled back and looked at him.  Waiting for an answer, she took her perfectly manicured red nails and tucked a thick strand of auburn hair behind her left ear.  It was a devastatingly feminine gesture, and Alfie melted inside.  

“Um, I, um….Well…..” Alfie stammered stupidly, gesturing awkwardly with his hands in a futile attempt to add cohesion to his words.

Bronwyn giggled softly, mostly to herself.  She knew about her son’s crush, but she never stopped being surprised at how easily she could make him swoon.  Alfie was such a gentle and unassuming boy, even at 19; he struck everyone who met him as totally harmless, even his mother who adored him.  She was sure that the crush was equally benign and would pass once he started dating.  It was a bit late in life for his first girlfriend, but better late than never.  The comely Mrs. Amherst had just the girl in mind for her son, and she couldn’t wait to get them together.

“It’s okay, sweetie,” Bronwyn said with an exaggerated pout, patting her son on the cheek.  “I’m sure you’ve had a busy day, and you’re tired.”

Alfie only nodded at his mother with a doltish smile on his face.  Bronwyn giggled again, more loudly this time, as she turned to get plates out of the cabinet.  As she bent over the counter, Alfie was treated to the image of his mother’s perfect heart-shaped ass.  It protruded from her body enough to be curvaceous and eye-catching but didn’t trespass into Kim Kardashian territory.  Like Baby Bear’s soup, her ass was just right, striking a perfect balance in all aspects.  

Bronwyn’s knee-length grey pencil skirt was tight around her waist and legs, allowing her butt crack to reveal itself and grin mockingly at her son.  He briefly imagined it becoming animated and saying to him, “(Tee-hee) Take a good look at what you’re never going to have, looooooser.”  

As Alfie heard the expensive fabric of her skirt stretch over her ripe peach of a butt, he became light-headed and swayed where he stood.  His 5-inch cock shot to rigid attention, making a little tent in the front of his loose khaki pants.  When his mother raised her left leg at the knee to lengthen her reach, Alfie thought he would faint dead away.  “Ooooh, mom,” he sighed inwardly to himself in a lovesick haze.  The scent of her perfume lingered on his shoulder, and he inhaled it with poorly concealed relish.

The rattle of two plates being retrieved from the cabinet brought him back down to earth.  He quickly grabbed a tea cloth and covered his weeping erection.  The stain of pre-cum had already become noticeable.  He sat down with an awkward flourish as his mother laid the plates on the table.  

“So, how’s the studying coming for your exams?” she queried with a tilt of her head.

Regaining his voice, Alfie replied, “Oh, uh, it’s going well, mom.  I think I have everything down, but I need to do some extra studying for my physical chemistry test.  The material is unbelievably hard.”  

“Oh, you don’t have to tell me,” his mother laughed as she sat down.  Alfie couldn’t miss the soft jiggle of her 34C breasts as her butt impacted with the seat of the chair.  “I’ve looked at that textbook of yours, and I don’t understand a word.  Pausing, she wistfully mused, “If only your dad were here to help you.”
Alfie covered his mother’s hand with his own in a genuine display of compassion.  “I know you miss him, mom.  I do, too.  But I’m so grateful that we have each other.”  

“Aww, sweetie.  So am I,” she replied a bit curtly, breaking eye contact and removing her hand from her son’s a bit faster than he would have liked.  “Well, I’m starving,” she said, grabbing her knife and fork.  “Let’s eat.”

They sated their hunger dining on Thai food from their favorite restaurant.  Alfie had green curry with rice, a dish he ordered every time, even though Bangkok Palace’s menu boasted a cornucopia of delicacies.  Bronwyn felt a twinge of irritation at yet another demonstration of her son’s limited interests, but it quickly passed.  Unbeknownst to her, however, it left its mark in her subconscious mind to add to many others that had come before it.

Towards the end of their meal, Bronwyn broke several minutes of silence.  “You know, about that physical chemistry, what you need is someone to study with.”  
Alfie immediately looked up from his plate with an “uh-oh” expression on his face.  
“Well, mom…,” he mumbled.  His mother quickly cut him off.

“You know Linda Carmichael, one of our associates at the firm?  Well, she has a daughter about your age, and she’ll be going to medical school after she graduates.  I understand from Linda that she’s taken a number of classes in science and math.  Perhaps she can help you.”

“I think I’ve seen her.  What was her name again?”

“Trudy,” Bronwyn replied, taking a sip of chilled green tea.

“Oh, yeah, Trudy,” Alfie pensively observed, more to himself than to his mother.  He had met Trudy Carmichael one afternoon when he joined his mother and Linda for lunch.  Trudy was something of a butterface – nice body but unattractive facial features that radiated little femininity.  He didn’t find her appealing and had no desire to spend time with her.  

“I don’t think she could help me with physical chemistry,” Alfie remarked.  “Pre-med students aren’t required to take that course.”

“Baby, if you want to be a college professor, you’re going to have to take every opportunity you can to stand out from the pack.  There’s a lot of competition for posts at good universities.”  He’s smart, but not as smart as he thinks he is.  “Also, it wouldn’t hurt you to develop more people skills, and I do think it’s time you started dating.”  Bronwyn did her best to couch this advice in a tone of tolerance and understanding.  The last thing she wanted was to sound preachy.

“Well, honestly, mom.  If you have Trudy in mind, I’m not interested.  She just doesn’t do it for me.”  

Bronwyn looked down at her plate with controlled frustration and exhaled.  She turned her gaze to her son, eyeing him with intention softened by sympathy.  “Alfie, sometimes you have to look beyond the physical.”  When she dropped the terms of endearment, Alfie knew she meant business.

Alfie bristled at her words and her tone.  “What are you saying, mom?!  That the best I can do is a girl like Trudy?”

Wincing apologetically, Bronwyn fed her son a reality pill, “Sweetie, you know I think you’re handsome.  You’ll always be my dashing little man.”  Alfie was 5’8” and weighed 145 pounds.  “But the kind of girls you’re attracted to date a different sort of man than you.”  

Alfie’s pride was hurt.  He saw his mother as one of the ‘Great Unattainables,’ which was very frustrating for him.  The most satisfying release he ever got was masturbating to a single, very salacious picture from her college days.  He couldn’t bear the thought that the pleasures he experienced so often in fantasy would never enter the realm of reality.  

Before he could speak, his mother pleaded with one of her knee-weakening smiles, “Please meet with Trudy….for me.”  Bronwyn knew that she was playing on her son’s affections, but it was for his own good.  The momentary guilt she experienced passed quickly.  He looks in the mirror and sees a superhero.  He’ll die a virgin if he keeps punching above his weight.

Helpless to resist her charms, Alfie nodded.  “Okay, mom.  For you.”  Bronwyn smiled affectionately at her son, and they returned their attention to the remnants of dinner.  The matter was settled.
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revan on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25 am

Great setup so far!

Revan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mathew elizabeth on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Excellent setup! Great world building and character introductions!

I like how the antagonist is pretty evil from the get go; like a looming threat ready to pounce. In my story; I take a bit of a minimalist approach to world building and geographic locations for the purpose of ambiguity and accessibility for readers. But I really like how you have given your story a distinct identity by setting it in an environment of successful socialites.

I mainly base my story on elements of my adolescent angst through episodic events. But it looks like you have a master plan on where your story is going to go.

This is going to be great! Excellent job!

mathew elizabeth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BullyBobby on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Yeah, the only "issue" I see up to this point is rather benign. I could be wrong, but it appears that the main characters have German names in an American setting - very minor and not really a problem in all honesty.

Otherwise, the actual content of the story is engaging and clearly has a point to where it's heading, there wasn't any filler, so I'm excited to see more!

BullyBobby
Admin

View user profile http://bullyrebuild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Philo B. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:18 am

mathew elizabeth wrote:Excellent setup! Great world building and character introductions!

I like how the antagonist is pretty evil from the get go; like a looming threat ready to pounce.....I mainly base my story on elements of my adolescent angst through episodic events. But it looks like you have a master plan on where your story is going to go.  This is going to be great! Excellent job!

Thanks very much indeed, Mathew.  Getting an endorsement from one of the "Big Three" means a lot.  You're one of a trio of writers who inspired me to write my own story.  (See my post of Jan. 25).  

Given my fandom for your stories, especially "Mommy's Love Denied," I consider your feedback to be golden.  My biggest concern was that there was no actual sex in the first episode, but I find the set-up of characters and scene to be especially important in NTR stories, which tend to stick in a reader's memory.  A straight-up, slam-bam porn narrative is something that is easily forgotten, by me anyway.  When I do get to the sex, however, I'm going to make it as torrid and emotionally-scarring for Alfie as possible.  

With any luck, Episode 1 in its entirety will be posted in a couple of days.  After you read it, I would welcome any other pointers you might have.  Thank you again.
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Philo B. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:28 am

BullyBobby wrote:Yeah, the only "issue" I see up to this point is rather benign. I could be wrong, but it appears that the main characters have German names in an American setting - very minor and not really a problem in all honesty.

Otherwise, the actual content of the story is engaging and clearly has a point to where it's heading, there wasn't any filler, so I'm excited to see more!

I really appreciate the helpful assessment, BullyBobby. As site founder and moderator, your opinion is of great value as well. In my first draft, there was a great deal of filler, but I realized it may bore readers, who are not looking to read a biography.  I'm always open to further critiques once the story gets rolling.

About the names, none of them is German, actually. The etymology of Amherst and Colburn is English while Carmichael is Scottish.  Van Gelderskamp is Dutch. Since most white Americans are a mix of different European nationalities, I figured I'd throw in a bit of variety.  

Thank you again for weighing in.  It's heightened my motivation to get Episode 2 written and finished.  I'll keep everyone posted as to my progress.
Philo B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top