Quote from the Witcher books

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quote from the Witcher books

Post by ucnt on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:13 pm

So this is just a random thing that probably doesn't merit its own thread, but this forum isn't very active so I thought, why not.

In the Witcher books, in the beginning of chapters there are "quotes" from works within the fictional universe, and I found this one pretty hot:

"It is proper for a hapless one to suffer. His pain and humiliation result from the laws of nature, and to carry out the aims of nature both the existence of the suffering one is necessary, as is that who, causing him suffering, enjoy their successes. That very truth ought to stifle the pang of conscience in the heart of a tyrant or malefactor. He must not bridle himself, he ought to commit all the deeds that arise in his imagination, since it is the voice of nature which suggests them. If the secret inspirations of nature lead us to evil it is evidently essential to nature." -Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade

ucnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quote from the Witcher books

Post by ucnt on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:43 am

I just now found out that this Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade is a real historical figure! Usually the quotes at the beginnings of chapters are from fictional works from the books fantasy world, but apparently this isn't one of them. I may have to do some reading about this frenchman!

ucnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jman1012 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:58 pm

ucnt wrote:So this is just a random thing that probably doesn't merit its own thread, but this forum isn't very active so I thought, why not.

You have anything to post here thats related just post away, not enough content gets posted here so the more the better.

Jman1012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top